Recap Iteration 2
April 13, 2013 2 Comments
After exploring the world of testing and iterations for the first time, a new iteration was immediately set-up and executed. Here is a brief recap of it.
- We want to test if the logo on the main screen doesn’t distract the users anymore (R1.1)
- Is the friends-functionality added in accordance to the expectation of the users (R1.2,R1.3)?
- R1.4 and R1.5 will not be tested in this iteration. The first result is trivial and the second will be elaborated later.
- We added ‘settings’-functionalities, we will test them as well.
- Wizard prototyping allowed us to quickly add the friends-functionality and to change the layout regarding the logo.
- Think Aloud gave us the opportunity to test where the attention of the users was going to. We wanted to know what the test-persons thought about the functionality and not just whether the functionality was operating in the right way.
Who, What, Where, Time?
- Who? 3 co-students, each belonging to a different group from the class User Interfaces.
- What? All the test-persons were asked to execute some basic assignments: give a tip via the plug-in, give a tip via the friends-tab, add a friend, search for a friend, like a tip.
- Where? The tests took place at the campus in the 200B building.
- Time? The duration of each test was 5 to 10 minutes.
Some new remarks were mentioned:
- R2.1: All the users said that the logo’s of the buttons on the friends tab not pointed out what their functionality was.
- R2.2: One person thought that the search-for-friends-fucntionality was not clear enough, but the two other users understood the search function completly right.
- R2.3: Two users told us that they didn’t immediately saw what was adjustable and what not when they were on the settings-page.
- R2.4: There were no remarks anymore on the logo of the main page.
- The added functionalities (friends and settings) were necessary but the logo’s on the friends tab and the layout of the settings page need to be changed (R2.1, R2.3).
- The new location of the logo was clearly an improvement (R2.4).
- Because just one person pointed out that the search-functionality wasn’t clear, but the others didn’t, this aspect will remain the same in the next iteration (R2.2).